Maker-in-Residence: Christian Turner
This article was originally published at Makervillage
Meet Christian David Turner, consumate creator and owner of Christian David Photo. A recent Berry Marketing grad, he can also be found at Swift & Finch or V3 Magazine. We hear he always gets the shot.
- Hometown: Lawrenceville, GA
- Hobbies: Playing racquetball, running, reads a lot of photography blogs, advising up and coming photographers.
- Android or iOS: iOS.
- PC or Mac: Mac.
- Favorite Restaurant in Rome: Yummy Thai Cuisine
- Best place to spot Christian on any given day: Going on a run in the early
- Favorite staycation spot: Chattanooga, TN
- Why Rome? Christian says “It’s not about where Rome is at the moment, I just see where Rome is going — big city feel in a small town.There’s stuff going on, its active, but there’s not the whole hustle-bustle of somewhere like Atlanta or New York. Working at Swift & Finch has shown me how great the community is — your teacher, your boss, your classmate, and a stranger could walk into a place like this coffee shop and it makes the whole town feel connected.”
- Next Makerspace project: He’s going to start building his in-home photography studio!
- Best thing about living in Makervillage: He says it’s all about the attitude. “If people want to do something, they follow through. And if they don’t know how to do it, we have a crazy amount of human capital at our disposal. Nothing is impossible — think Willy Wonka but with the maker movement.”
- Motto: Create every day.